Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Introduction

So, last semester I did my student teaching in an 8th grade classroom.  Hormones raged, lip gloss was overused and armpits smelled.  To have a passion to teach middle school....now that's crazy.

This semester, a school in West Michigan called me up to let me know that there was an opening in their district.  I took it (blindly).  I didn't know the specific district, school or grade.  About two hours before my job started, an administrator let me know what school I was to drive to.  I motored up to the office, excited for my classroom assignment.  That is, until the principal vocalized the dreaded word......"KINDERGARTEN."  She seemed to smile at my obvious pain.  Yes, middle school teachers are crazy, but Kindergarten teachers are even crazier.

Kids say the darndest things.  Remember that show?  Yeah, well it's true.  And I am here to share with you just how darn nutty they can be.  Real names will be changed to protect my students' privacy.

Signed,
Miss V.

No comments:

Post a Comment