Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bonkers

"What I have to say is so much more
important than what YOU have to say."
Have you ever been talking to a group of kids and it's apparent that the only thing they're trying to do is outdo each other? For me, every day of my life.  If you actually believe what they're saying, though, and you're imaginative about it, it's pretty funny.  This situation again happened during the hustle and bustle of lunch time.  They're all vying for my attention to begin with. 
One kid asks, "Do you know my last name?"

"Yes.  Suero."  But silly me, I pronounced the "r."

"No, Miss V.  It's 'Suedo'."

"OK.  Yes, Suedo.  Sorry."

"Please just call me Carlos."

"Of course." No, I'm going to call you Carlos Suero...err....Suedo.

"Miss V.  Where did you get your shirt?"

I was pretty proud of my shirt and this little youngster for noticing that I had a new shirt on.

"I got it at Younkers!  My mom works there."

"I like it.  MY mom works at Younkers, too."

"Oh, really?"

Voices started piping up from everywhere.

"My mom works at Younkers too!"

"So does my mom!"

"My younger sister works at Younkers."

"My mom works at Bonkers."

"My mom does too!"

And I say, "Hmm, I wonder if they all know each other?"

They all nodded their heads as if to say, "Yes, all of our family members who are coincidentally ALL Younkers employess are best friends and we have barbecues together all the time."

Younkers must have a lot of employees.  And I thought the economy was down....

So, go to Younkers.  I'm sure you'll be able to find the help you need.

Signed,
Miss V.

1 comment: